Friday, April 11, 2014

Messy Momma Musings: Reflections of His Love

As I drove into work this morning, I saw an older man standing in his driveway as an older woman, presumably his wife, (I don't know these people - assumptions) backed out of their driveway in a red mini van. The home was quaint with a yard filled with flowers, bushes, and little trinkets. It looked well lived in and made me feel as if home was truly where their hearts were. I watched as the man mouthed I love you, (Or olive juice - who am I to say?) and the woman mouthed it back. It made my heart skip a beat! How beautiful! This couple could have been married one day or married a 100 years, but that love was there, it was evident, and it was strong. It stayed on my mind the rest of the way to work. Love is just awesome and it truly makes me so happy to see.

Love has the same effect on me when I think about God's love. His love for us is great. He's standing outside to mouth I love you before we drive off to work. He's also in the car with us in our travels. He's next to us in our cubicles while we work. He's always with us. Keeping us safe. Always expressing His love for us. How can we not appreciate that? How do we allow our hearts to not skip a beat but to expect His grace. We're horrible sinners. All of us. No matter how we depict ourselves on social media or in front of family and friends; deep down, we're all the same. Broken. Weak. Imperfect. Dirty. Unworthy. Incomplete. Messy. Sinners. Yet, His love for us remains. Always. How awesome is that? 

As a self-admitting "Messy" Momma, I recognize my many flaws and because of this I can truly realize how unworthy I am of His love. This quote by Ann Tatlock explains this concept clearly:

“Here's the paradox. We can fully embrace God's love only when we recognize how completely unworthy of it we are.” 

Love is a beautiful thing. In small moments where you see acts of love it's a great reminder of God's infinite and unbreakable love for you. Embrace His grace. Accept His son. Be gracious for your many blessings. Trust in His plan. Share His love and word. Always love one another. Let love be an inspiration! 

Olive Juice! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment